We believe survivors and with a not guilty charge, CBC radio host Jian Ghomeshi extends rape culture for another year.
Thank goodness for a feature by a woman at the summer NAMM convention (infamous sausage party) that calls out stupid, out of touch music instrument brands who think it is rock and roll to objectify women. Viva She Shreds Magazine and Lauren for calling out brands for creating sexist products and super sexist marketing techniques. Best quote ever about a power supply names in poor taste Pussy Power : "It more concerns me that than appeals to me honestly."
Sexual assault can happen at any time, anywhere. Kate Nash encourages women to speak up and tell their story.
You had me at art show featuring an archetypal punk doll house .
Six gifted black female MCs just opened for Chuck D and I am so pleased this news is being reported on. Get to know Set it off Cypher.
A conversation with female A&R reps, sorry Apple music, women have a great ear for finding and signing new talent. And speaking of technology, learn how it is failing women.
I grew up with one role model and that is Laura Ingalls Wilder, yes the very same woman behind Little House on the Prairie. I am pretty darn excited to learn that the actress who played her on the television show, Melissa Gilbert, is running for congress.
This week I learned about an islamic Turkish feminist cult whose female members are called Kittens and look more plastic than the Kardashian family. Thanks Vice for blowing my mind and showing me chair dancing 2.0. "It feels like someone rubbed crayon all over my face."
The past is filled with women who are rebels and there is a fantastic video series entitled Ordinary Women: Daring to Defy History to celebrate them.
Azelia Banks has released a new mixtape titled Slay-Z and it can be yours for free.
I don't spend much time exploring all the different aspects of Spotify but I am a subscriber and use it often to listen to new music in an effort to decide if I want to spend the money to purchase it on vinyl. This week I discovered that in celebration of Women's History Month, Hilary Clinton has created a playlist of 30 songs to help smash the glass ceiling. If that doesn't do it for you, you can always check out the Sylvia Plath playlist instead.
My earworm discovery of the week. Mamamoo; Gwen Stefani wishes.
No comments:
Post a Comment