Tuesday, October 20, 2015

2015 Favorites : Trash Kit

2015 isn't quite over yet but if I had to name my top 5 record of the year thus far, it would include Trash Kit's Confidence. They are an all female three piece band from London playing polyrhythmic punk. There is African fingerpicking styles blended with raw energy and soul but there is so much more rumbling out of this band too.



Check out this interview.



You can buy their music here.

Their Facebook page is here. 

They also have a HUGE band family tree that includes Shopping, Electrelane, Cover Girl, Sacred Paws , Lesbo Pigs (video below), The Battys, Ray RumoursColumbus & Crusoe and Halo Halo. I am sure there are probably more I am too square to know about but this is a good starting place at the very least. Lemme know what I missed!











No comments:

Post a Comment