Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday Round Up: Oct 7th, 2016


The best thing I saw / listened to all week! Bask in the beauty of Wiki edits is real time. It is like listening to a gentle but persistent rain storm produced by Eno. It also accidently double as a band or song name generator.

Roger Shepherd shares his stories behind the photographs found in his new memoir In Love With These Ties: My Life with Flying Nun Records, everyone's favorite record label from New Zealand.

Meet the women participating in Ragnar Kjartansson's "Women in E", nine of whom will also perform with their bands on October 22nd at an all day festival at the Hirshhorn in Washington, DC.

I've written about my love of the X-Girl clothing line before and it appears Kim Gordon has passed the torch down to her daughter this year. Can we all agree that an Earth Crisis turtleneck is pretty funny?

Pretty darn excited to discover there is a L7 documentary coming this fall. I can't say this clip tells me much about the story of the band but with my nostalgia being what it is for this band, I am sure I will love it regardless.


One of the other great things I saw this week are the photographs of the queens of the metal scene in Botswanas which is fairness is feature from last year but it never gets old to me.

I am not really a halloween person but spiders tune their webs like a guitar at that is as close as I get to getting seasonal. Oh, and music is ruining our opinion of sharks. And then there is this; you can submit spooky music for a pretty cool project here.

A new Mannequin Pussy record is coming! God I love the tension between their angst and melodies.

If you love cassette tapes so much, maybe you should know more about them.

Who are you and what are you doing here? Self sabotaging is the worst and Kat Harding shares her experience in the Nashville music community as she copes with "imposter syndrome".

Backyard report: local Richmond DJ, artist, and musician Sara Gossett created the breathtaking cover art for Tompkins Square release by Harvey Mandel.

Some speaker stains are actually dust patterns made by sound. Here is someone who has made an art show out of it.

Crystal Fairy is a super group featuring member of The Melvins, At The Drive-In, and Le Butcherettes.

Dot from The Shaggs opens up to Rolling Stone. Don't call them outsider Rock, they are more like outsider Mt. Everest according to their rabid fan base.

Patti Boyd has inspired 10 very well known rock and roll songs. Who the heck is the real life Layla anyhow?

The history of library music - for you soundtrack / incidental music fans.

Kathleen Hanna is having a busy year. It appears Le Tigre is reuniting.

Spend forty-five minutes with Francoise Hardy! Who doesn't want that?


The real life feminist bookstore made famous in Portlandia is putting a bird on it and that bird is a middle finger

No comments:

Post a Comment