Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Angela Owens, Girls Rock, and an Accidental Backyard Report

Boston music photographer Angela Owens has owned my Facebook feed this week; a welcome change from people yelling at each other about politics. Everyone I know is obsessing on this series of photos she took at a recent show (more like a fest) in Boston that reminds me of the old youth crew photos from CBGBs, only this time the bands and crowd are predominantly ladies. This was a benefit for Girls Rock Boston and it wins the award for the best thing I have seen all month.

Before you scroll down any farther, seriously check out her photos first. Get to know the photographer in this interview.

This also doubles as a backyard report because as it turns out, a lot of these bands are from my hometown of Richmond, VA.



There are a ton of videos to check out via the event page. Watch them all here



It got me wondering who all these bands in the photos were, so I have compiled all the links here:

LEATHER DADDY (Boston)


FIREWALKER  (Boston)


DAME  (Boston)



RINGER  (Richmond)


KOMMUNION (Richmond)


NOSEBLEED (Richmond)


METER FEEDER (Hadley, MA)


IRON CAGES (DC)


RARE FORM - I can't find much on this band so if anyone has a link, please send it to me.



CROSSFIRE (Boston) 

 

3 comments: